There’s no doubt that an election is coming. Boris Johnson now has a majority of one and many of his Tory backbenchers vehemently oppose a ‘No Deal’ Brexit. At the same time Boris is putting out all the populist soundbite including; 20,000 more police, more money for the NHS and more money for schools. Let’s not forget who drastically cut all of these services.
The deadline approaches for Brexit and Labour are ready to be the adults in the room and bring our country back together.
In Holborn & St Pancras CLP we are still currently campaigning, fighting for residents at a local level with our councillors and working with Keir on government issues such as HS2. During the European Elections we spoke to over 6000 people and for a General Election we plan to speak to even more.
To do this we need more of our members, trained and campaigning (which will also mean helping in nearby marginal seats). These seats include
- Chipping Barnet – Labour is 353 votes away from defeating Theresa Villiers, the current Environmental Secretary
- Hendon – Labour is 1072 votes away from taking this seat
- Finchley & Golders Green – Labour is only 1657 votes away from taking this seat
- Harrow East – Labour is only 1757 away from defeating Bob Blackman of the 1922 Committee
- Cities of London & Westminster – Labour needs another 3148 to defeat Mark Field
That is why we will be running a training day for new and old activists in our CLP, looking at ‘Why we canvass’, techniques on the doorstep and then putting these into practice. The training will take place on the 7th September 10.30am-4pm at the Crowndale Centre, Eversholt Street. Members can sign up to this training here – https://events.labour.org.uk/event/278518
Now more than ever does the UK need a Labour government. Please do sign up and get involved in our campaigning as we prepare for a General Election.